Thursday, 1 August 2013


I was really pleased with the progress of my blanket, I was crocheting at least two or three squares a day. However since we've had these lovely warm summer evenings, we've been eating even later than we normally do, outside in the garden and by the time I've settled in front of the tv it's been nearly my bedtime. I know this because once seated I'm nodding off before I can complete even 1 granny square, hence this is why I still have seventeen to do.

What a wonky photo, don't know what happened there!

July was a very busy month with birthdays as I've already posted and last weekend we went to two weddings. On Friday my cousin's son and his beautiful bride got married and we had a lovely time, a gathering for family and friends, just a perfect day. Then on Saturday I donned a different outfit, a different fascinator and off we went again, this time to our friends' daughter's wedding. This was also a lovely day and in my next post, i'll tell you more about it!
The next day came and to be honest, so did exhaustion. Someone had asked me when I was still dancing at just gone midnight, where I found my energy. Well by Sunday afternoon I was wondering about that question myself, to be honest I was so tired, I think I could have cried at a drop of a hat. Fortunately, I didn't!

Anyway another couple of days passed and fully rejuvenated yesterday morning I collected our grandchildren for a five  day sleepover. What could go wrong?

Within the first hour we completely confused the the self service till in ASDA, had to be assisted twice by a shop assistant and then confused it again when I gave the cereal box to Jessica to hold while walking back to the car and she decided to promptly put it back up on the till to be scanned yet again. The poor girl had to be summoned for the third time and let's just say, I think they were all waving flags by the time we headed out of the door.
From there we called in at the farm shop, where Charlotte without my knowledge decided to stroke the cat which gave her a nip. Thankfully it didn't break the skin but before we unpacked the car, the first job was to clean it thoroughly and talk to the nurse in the doctor's surgery. I'm to keep an eye on it but I've looked at it this morning and it's all ok.
Finally yesterday afternoon we went off to swimming lessons where Jessica got accidentally kicked in the head by another swimmer. So, first aid had to be administered, an ice pack held on her head and forms had to be completed.

Not much room for crochet for the next few days, I think!


  1. Oh goodness! I do hope peace is now restored and the rest of the children's visit is uneventful!

  2. Sounds like a active week ahead! Hope Charlotte and Jessica are ok, you'll need a break when they go home :-)

  3. A five day sleep over? You will have plenty to blog about by the end of it (that is if you survive!) Have fun with them, x

  4. wow five days, Your crochet squares look fabulous. Have fun