Sunday 1 November 2009

POPPY APPEAL

This is my first "Blog" rant, but something I feel very strongly about.



Not only did my father serve with the RAF in Burma in World War II, his younger brother died when the submarine HMS Vandal sank off the coast of Arran in 1943.

I always wear my poppy as a mark of respect for all that my father endured and for the ultimate sacrifice my uncle made.

I am astounded that yesterday while walking through London so few were wearing the poppy. At a time when our nation is crying out for our soldiers to return from Afghanistan, we should all be wearing them with pride and compassion in respect of all of those soldiers that have lost their lives, been injured or are currently working in difficult conditions away from their families to ensure OUR lives and our country are made safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment