Sunday 26 February 2012

A BRIGHT WEEK FOR MY SKY SCARF CHALLENGE

We mustn't get too excited, we all know that Spring isn't really here, but the weather this past week has been verging on "springlike" and it's been nice to knit some brightness into my sky scarf. 


It is coming a long nicely, although it is rather wide and it is going to end up somewhat lengthly. Oh dear!


My socks are finished and as always, I am pleased. Not just because they're now ready to wear but because they've turned out to be equal in size. Now I need some colder weather to wear them, so they may have to wait patiently in the drawer until next winter.

On Thursday evening my friend and I went to the private view of  The Material Girls "Bridging Waters" Textile Exhibition. Both Miriam and Diane were exhibiting their work and over the past weeks having heard snippets of what they were intending to make, it was exciting to see their completed projects. Their work was excellent as was the entire exhibition. Beautiful wall hangings, colourful barges, all made from textiles were just some of the items that could be admired. I hope the exhibition is a great success for them all.


Saturday sunshine brought out the gardening boots, gloves and tools. Not for digging in our garden, but Jo and Robert have many plans for theirs. Michael and Robert worked hard all day moving earth and rubble. My task was cutting back and digging out unwanted bushes and moving those that hopefully are going to stay in the new flower beds.
At last I was also able to transport Charlotte's magnolia tree from the pot in my garden where it has been residing for the past year, since their house move, to it's new home. (We bought the tree for Charlotte when she was born so it's now 5 years old)

Finally the week ahead is going to be the week that my kitchen gets back to normal since the kitchen fitter  failed to do his plumbing job properly when he installed the kitchen back in July, causing the leak from the soil pipe which wrecked two kitchen cupboards, some plastering and all of the flooring.
On Monday, I have two new cupboards being installed. On Tuesday after all the appliances have been taken out and put in storage, the flooring is going to be laid over two days. Then on Friday all of the appliances will be returned and reinstalled.
The fact that we can't refrigerate anything or cook anything during that period is just a minor blip BUT to get the kitchen finished is going to be heaven!

6 comments:

  1. The scarf is coming on a treat! Maybe you'll be treated to meals out while the kitchen is returned to normal service? I'm glad you enjoyed the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One lives in hope Miriam. Glad you like the scarf!

      Delete
  2. My scarf is going to be long as well. I think we should regard them as works of 'art' rather than scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, scarf looking good! I've been rather busy lately so need to catch up with February's weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the scarf. The fact that you were pleased that both of your socks were the same size frightens me, I was hoping to knit some for next year, but as I'm not an experienced knitter, I am rather sceptical. Good Luck with the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, you'll be fine, my problem is I just loose count of the rows!
      It's a good idea for a summer project then you have loads of bright colourful socks ready for the winter.

      Delete