Monday 25 June 2012

WAISTCOATS FINISHED


I am really pleased with both of these waistcoats, now finished. I crochetered the little ties and was amazed how quickly crochet came back to me. Charlotte & Jessica have their birthdays soon so I think I'll give them to them then.


I took this picture yesterday as it rained - again! The new garden furniture has hardly seen the light of day since it arrived. Tomorrow, I'm collecting the base for the new umbrella which is hidden in the garage - just to keep it dry!


On a brighter note last Sunday Michael and I went out for a cycle ride along the seawall to test out our new tyres, new comfy seats and in Michael's case, new pedals. Our son in law in waiting does seem to have the ability of snapping at least one of these off when he's borrowed the bike in the past.
Pleased to report all working well, no having to stop on the way home due to  excessive pain in the posterior.
The tide was out, so the muddy shores were at their best. I believe this wreck to be the motor torpedo boat Platonia and we've watched it slowly deteriorate over the last 14 years since we've lived in the area. In the early days I did wonder if someone would try to restore it but alas no.
Hoping to get out and cycle quite a lot from now on, now we're better prepared, I'm quite keen.
Watch this space!!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely waistcoats, I am sure they will go down very well!
    Yes we have had a similar moist summer, hey ho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tide is always out! Love the waistcoats, now you need to conquer the Grannies Square block and teach me! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the girls will love their special birthday presents! Summer will be here probably about October/November just when we are preparing for Christmas!!! But just think you'll be able to use your new garden furniture for Christmas lunch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right Miriam, watch this space, I am thinking along the lines of barbecued sausages for Christmas lunch. Why not, stuff the turkey, that's what I think!!

      Delete
  4. The link to yar therapy shop is not working.i love checking out shops that others recommend.your waistcot are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try www.yarntherapy.co.uk, hopefully that should work. The shop is definitely worth it.
      Glad you like the waistcoats!

      Delete