Monday 12 October 2009

KNITTING & STITCHING SHOW

Yesterday I went to the Knitting and Stitching Exhibition at Alexander Palace. My cousin and friend invited me along and I really enjoyed it. I left my husband Michael at home to have a day working on his boat in the garage. This is an ongoing project of his which he had hoped to finish this summer but it is still work in progress.
The boat I pictured in the foyer of Alexander Palace was certainly a work of art, all knitted and seaworthy! When I got home, I showed him my photo and offered to give him a hand next weekend. I'm fairly confident with a ball of wool and some needles. He declined my offer!!
I did buy some wool while I was there yesterday. I have been inspired to have a go at knitting a pair of socks and also I'm going to attempt knitting some bracelets out of wire. Ideal Christmas presents, I thought. Mmmmm I'll have to see how they turn out first.
We finished our day with afternoon tea. Very nice it was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment