Wednesday 3 July 2013

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY JESSICA!

Happy birthday Jessica, our gorgeous grand daughter is celebrating her 4th birthday today.
I don't know where the time has gone since she's been born and I really can't believe she'll be starting school this coming September.
I hope she has a very special day today!



This is the first time I've made a giant cupcake.
The actual cake baking was simple enough but the decoration!
Let's just say, the kitchen was covered this morning in icing sugar and butter cream,
I am STILL covered in icing sugar and butter cream
and all I can taste is icing sugar and butter cream, despite the fact that I didn't actually eat any of it!
This is not boding at all well for my late lunch which was supposed to be a mackerel salad.
I think my taste buds will plunge into a frenzy!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure she'll love the cake, hope you are going to make one for Charlotte too!
    Yep! Making cakes and decorating them is a very messy business......

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic cake! Giant cupcakes certainly aren't easy to decorate, what did you use on the base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just some ready made icing Diane. Next time, in 2 weeks time, I think I'll swap the butter cream for some frosting.

      Delete