Wednesday 20 November 2013

A DISMAL WET WEDNESDAY

So, the forecast was for a wet Wednesday and indeed that is what we've had. I had to pop out this morning for a while but was quite relieved to be indoors this afternoon with  a cup of tea, some lunch, more tea and the tv on showing a re run of last nights "Last Tango in Halifax" while I got on with my knitting.
(I had my own little nodathon going on between 9 and 10pm last night Oops!)

Here is a sneak preview of the little outfit I'm making for my soon to be grandson. The jacket is also nearly finished but that is in an off white colour. Both yarns are Drops Fabel which I've not knitted with before and I'm finding really nice to work with.


Today also saw the finish of the Drops Harlequin jacket and booties.
I raided my mum's button box and although I have a feeling theses buttons probably came off my dad's old trousers at some time or another, I think they're perfect for the jacket.


I found the booties quite fiddly to make but I think that was because it was quite hard knitting with this colour, not good on the eyes! I am always so relieved when I knit things in pairs that they are actually a matching pair when they're finished.


I'm going to leave you with my post now as I'm off to the kitchen to prepare our dinner, roasted pork followed by plum crumble. Just the thought of it is making me feel quite hungry. Is it me or does everyone feel hungrier when it's cold, dark, wet and miserable outside?

3 comments:

  1. I love the cardigan and the colour combination.As to eating I can't stop at the moment.It must be the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your knitting, especially the trousers, what wool are you using? Your dinner sounded mouth watering, hope it was enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the knitting, and the dinner did sound lovely. Your right the weather does make you feel like you want to eat more comfort food!

    ReplyDelete