Saturday 15 October 2011

PHONE OR NO PHONE?

When my iphone crashed late on Tuesday evening, my first thought was OMG!
To be honest it didn't just crash, it literally crashed. Out of my dressing gown pocket it slid, like a slippery eel down into the u bend of my toilet!
I wouldn't have minded if I had been checking my emails at the time or sending a quick txt or even racking my brain trying to finish a suduko puzzle but I'd just popped it in to my pocket to transport it upstairs.
At the very moment of impact my face probably would have said it all. I can't remember actually speaking any words but I must have done because from the bedroom all I could hear was Michael saying,
'It won't work now, it won't work now, it won't work now.............!"
I was well aware of that!
So Wednesday came and as it's my day for looking after Charlotte & Jessica, I was thrown into a dilemma. If I left the house how would I contact the AA man if the car broke down and even worse how would the school be able to contact me if Charlotte wasn't feeling well!
 Did I have these worries when my own children were small?
I bet we can all answer that one - NO!
By Friday I was definitely more laid back. As I left home in the car to go into town to do some shopping there was no call from my daughter saying,
"Mum, where are you?
Are you going into town?
Oh good, can you just get me.............?"
Neither, when I was enjoying a cup of coffee and a natter with a friend was there another call, this time my husband saying,
"Are you at home?"
"No!"
"Oh, I thought you might be, it's just that I needed you to look up.................!"

I have to say  by Friday, it was bliss so, why when I got home from town to find my new phone awaiting me, was I like a kid in a chocolate shop?
I've a fully functioning new iphone today and although I enjoyed my few days of freedom I must confess,  the mobile phone is a gadget that I rather like to possess!



5 comments:

  1. So true! I hate the fact that I can now be contacted 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My phones usually on silent so I miss most calls anyway! But a very funny story and an expensive one, did you get the new iPhone 4s?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No just an iphone 4. The man said I can EASILY install the software for icloud. We'll see about that!!!!!!
    To be honest I was really lucky, o2 didn't charge me anything as I was a couple of months away from my next update so i'm pretty happy about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. H smashed his screen this week, cost him £100 as out of warranty. But gave him a new iPad as also cracked screen.

    ReplyDelete