Sunday 5 January 2014

A NEW YEAR RESOLUTION!

So do you step into every year with a new year resolution in mind?
Well mine this year is -

I SHALL SEW!

My husband's gift on christmas day was, a sewing machine!
I had mentioned to him a while back that I thought it would be handy to have one in the house, on standby and surprise surprise, he bought me one.

For those of you that know me, have you picked yourselves up of the floor yet?

Anyway, fabric has been purchased and I have been busy making a pattern and cutting out.
It's still laying on the dining room table now, I've not quite finished that stage as yet.
Anyway, all will be revealed as I hopefully progress further.

Also at this stage I haven't either read or watched the video instructions for the machine but, all in good time.


Christmas and new year has been a lovely long break for us. On the better days we've got out and about and on Thursday we went up to Ipswich for a walk around the dock and had lunch in a nice little restuarant called "Bistro on the Quay"


Like everyone we've experienced some really nasty weather this holiday but today when I popped outside in the garden I spied this hidden flower on a camellia. The bush has quite a few buds on it but whether they survive or get battered to pieces, who knows?
I thought, photo it quickly just in case.
The first bloom in my garden in 2014!


4 comments:

  1. We're still being battered by the weather! What a lovely thoughtful gift - I hope to loads of sewing crafty posts! Happy New Year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a sewing machine! But making your own pattern as well, I'm very impressed. Looking forward to seeing the end result. Always around to offer help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift! I'm impressed that you're sewing a proper pattern - I have stuck to very simple machine projects so far, but this year I will try to sew a garment of clothing that I can wear. Once I get my sewing machine serviced that is... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful flowers, camelias :)

    Happy sewing! That is one fab present!

    ReplyDelete