Sunday 3 July 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA!


Happy Birthday Jessica, 2 years old today!


For the last time I used my oven yesterday, thanks to ebay it is now sitting in someone else's kitchen.
Though now battered and bruised, over a period of at least 20 years it has cooked countless cakes, tasty dinners and inevitably aided in some creative disasters.
As the kitchen fitters are moving in tomorrow to transform my new kitchen I was going to buy a cake for Jessica's 2nd birthday but Michael thought it was a shame and I'm glad I agreed with him in the end because I actually did get pleasure from the making the cake. Once out of the oven I gave the door a quick wipe over with a cloth and thought - Done!
Just hope the new cooker lasts me as long and is as good as the bumf says it is!

As for Michael and the ongoing Achilles crisis, over this week he has started to accept that sitting with his plastered leg elevated is the only way forward. He is fortunate, he can do some work from home, so as long as he has his mobile and his laptop in reach he's fairly happy.
Don't know when he'll be able to get back out in the garage, so work on his boat is suspended for the foreseeable future.

As for the running of our household, while he's out of action, well obviously I'm in charge!!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. No changes there then! Lovely cake, how did you decorate the top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks brilliant, hope Jessica had a lovely day. Hope your being a good nurse and looking after Michael!!!!! I hope this gets posted I tried twice yesterday, I'm starting to loose the will to live.

    ReplyDelete