Friday 6 April 2012

A FEW DAYS AWAY!

Sorry, I've been a little behind keeping my blog up to date. I'm in the scenario where I've plenty to say but not enough time to say it, or should I say write it!
We've been back home a week since we returned from our holiday, seven days in Villefranche sue Mer  in the south of France. Unusually for us we stayed in exactly the same place as we did last September when Michael was recovering from his snapped Achilles tendon injury. 
 This time we were able to get out and see much more of the area, by car and also a lot by foot.


This picture is of Port Darse which is in Villefranche, quite a steep but pleasant walk down from our hotel. In September I wasn't always in the mood for negoitiating driving round the narrow streets that wove up and down through the town wary of the hoots and toots from the local people buzzing around on scooters so we relied heavily on buses and taxis to get us about.
This time it was lovely just to be able to take it in our stride and we thorough enjoyed our walks.

One of the reasons we returned to this area is because we wanted to take the the little train that runs up through the mountains from Nice to Dignes les Bains. We had first noticed this when I drove from Annecy to Nice last year, the track runs partly alongside the road and the river and we guessed that the views would be fantastic. As indeed we found they were!


We decided not to travel all the way to Dignes but to spend a few hours in Entrevaux, a medieval town. Lots of little alleyways to explore, if you do decide to visit, don't go on a Tuesday, some shops and bars are closed, as we found!!!


However after a delicious lunch we decided that we couldn't leave, not that we could have done anyway, we had a 2 hour wait for the train, before walking up to get a closer look at the citadel.


So off we went up there!!


Fairly hard going up and I felt it was harder to come down to be honest but, once up there the views were amazing.
We had a great time that day and throughout the holiday. It was a good choice for us.

Now what do you think of this little old lady?


We spied her in a shop in St Paul de Vence, Michael just had to take a picture of her with me sitting beside her. He thought her to be so amusing, "the knitting granny" that in his haste he pushed the wrong button on the camera and didn't take any picture at all!
So I took this picture with my iPhone to show you, I mean honestly, do I really look like this??

Enough of my holiday, I have another knitting project on the go which I will tell you about in my next post.  My garden and the sunshine is beckoning me now, so hope you all have a wonder Easter!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you had a lovely and well earned break! Mmm, the knitting Granny now I think if she was knitting a sky scarf I could see where Michael was coming from...... but she's not SO NO YOU DONT LOOK LIKE HER AT ALL . Glad I'm not seeing you for the next week or so.
    Have a lovely Easter. x

    ReplyDelete